Share your video from YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook
Sharing a video alongside a sermon or devotional is a powerful way to impact your church.
There’s never been a better way to encourage your people with both the clarity of the written word AND a personalized video message from you.
Share your video message from YouTube
• Share a video already uploaded to YouTube:
- If your video is already on YouTube, navigate to the video and copy the URL in the web address bar
- Paste the URL into the YouTube field in the ‘Share your video’ field in Sermon Maker
• Upload to YouTube from your computer:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on Upload at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers).
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
• Upload to YouTube from your phone
Share your video message from Vimeo
• Share a video already uploaded to Vimeo:
- If your video is already on Vimeo, navigate to the video and copy the URL in the web address bar
- Paste the URL into the Vimeo field in the ‘Share your video’ field in Sermon Maker
• Upload to Vimeo from your computer:
- Log into your account: The first thing that you should do is visit the Vimeo website. If you already have an account, log into it by clicking the login link. If you don’t have an account, then you will need to register. Follow the instructions and enter the necessary information to create your account.
- Uploading the video: Click the “Upload Video” button which is located on the home page of the site. You will also be able to find the same link in the navigation bar which is under the Upload heading.
- Upload page: Once you click the upload link, you will be taken to the upload page. This can be confusing at times. You need to read through this and follow the directions. You will need to ensure that you are permitted to upload the videos you are interested in. You will only be able to upload videos that you create yourself. It’s not possible to upload any videos that are copyrighted or owned by anyone else.
- Selecting the file: Click the “Choose a File to Upload” button and this will launch an upload dialog box. Choose the file that you want to upload and then click on “Select”. As soon as you click the button, the video will start to be uploaded straight away. The progress bar should estimate how long the video will take to be uploaded. If you are using a slow Internet connection, then you will find it takes longer to upload. Just be patient and allow the video to be fully uploaded. If there are any problems with the uploaded video, then you will need to repeat the process and upload it a second time.
- Conversion: As soon as the video is uploaded, the video will then be converted automatically. You can close this page if you want, and Vimeo will handle the conversion automatically. Once the video has finished converting, the service will then email you once the conversion has finished.
Share your video message from Facebook
• Share a video already uploaded to Facebook:
- Right-click on the video you want to copy and choose “Copy Video URL”
- Paste the URL into the Facebook field in the ‘Share your video’ field in Sermon Maker
• Upload to Facebook from your computer:
- Choose Add Photo/Video in the Share box at the top of your Home page or Timeline. Options for adding photos and videos to Facebook appear.
- Click Upload Photos/Video. This expands a window that allows you to navigate your computer’s hard drive.
- Select a video file from your computer. This brings you back to Facebook, where your video is appended to your post. A filmstrip icon indicates that you’re adding a video, not a photo.
- Click Post. A progress bar appears at the bottom of the post. Uploading a video can sometimes take a while, so be patient. When it’s ready, you’ll be notified that your video is processing. This means that you need to wait a little while until your video is ready. You can use Facebook in the meantime or decide to edit the video info.
• Upload to Facebook from your phone:
- Tap the Photo option at the top of your mobile News Feed. Your Photo and Video roll from your phone appears.
- Tap the video you want to add. A preview of your video appears. You can play it here to make sure you want to share it.
- Tap the blue Pencil in Box icon at the bottom of the video preview. The screen becomes the usual box you see when you add a status or other post, with a thumbnail icon representing the video. You can add a comment, a location, tags, and change the privacy option just like you do for any other type of post.
- When you’re done, tap Post in the upper-right corner of the screen. The video is then added to Facebook.
Was this helpful?
Please share your feedback. If you need additional help, contact us.